Monday, September 13, 2010

Introduction

Hello "everyone" (i.e. my invisible audience). For now I suppose this blog is just a chronicle for my own sake. To remember what I've changed about my lifestyle and to remind myself that there's still a long way to go.

Some of the changes I've made already that I will be discussing:
-No poo
-Menstrual cups
-Locally produced mineral makeup

Of course, in the spirit of creating as little waste as possible, I'm using up all of my products before replacing them with natural/sustainable alternatives. This is mostly in reference to bath and beauty products, which I have an abundance of but look forward to replacing with far simpler solutions. I plan to replace:
-Deodorant containing aluminum (currently using Dove)
-Face wash/special face creams (currently using Mary Kay)
-Lotion (currently using Mary Kay for face/store brand fragrance free for body)
-Shaving cream/lotion (currently using Avalon Organics)

Basically, I want to minimize the ingredient-lists in my life. Many of the above products can be replaced with far simpler substances that contain only one or two ingredients (deodorant is perhaps the most complicated one).

Another big change that I hope to implement is the inclusion of more vegetarian foods in my diet. I'm not sure if I have it in me to go completely vegetarian, but I can try to eat less meat and only meat from local/organic/humane sources.

The purpose of this blog will be to collect and share resources, reviews, links, and information. More exciting posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment